It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
Isn’t it? Oh! How I love Christmas. It’s a time to share, to love, but, over all, it’s a time to remember the birth of our amazing savior, JESUS!
Last year I made this cute DIY Baby Christmas Tree, go check it out. I am sure your kids will love this craft as well. This time, I wanted to bring you something that reflected Jesus! And the result are these Christmas Story Stick Puppets Free Printable.
I hope you and your kids enjoy this activity!
Are you ready? Let’s get started
Christmas Story Stick Puppets Free Printable
I am so happy you are here. Behind every piece of work you see on my blog, there are tons of hours of work. And It’s my joy that you get to spend time with your kids doing something fun.
The materials you need are very simple and most likely you have them on hand.
- Printer + Paper
- Christmas Story Stick Puppets Free Printable (Download Below)
- Colors, Crayons or Markers if you print black and white version. I Personally love these crayola markers
- Popsicle Craft Sticks, you can find an amazing deal here
- Glue or glue stick
I have provided you with 2 options. Color and Black and white printables. Depending on your time, resources, and your child’s needs, you can print either one. I chose the color one.
You can download them at the end of the instructions.
If you printed the black and white version, color the characters. Once you’re done, cut them up as show in the picture below.
Glue the characters to the Popsicle sticks.
Here is my experience. When you have liquid glue, the color of your characters will get a little wet and lose some of the real color. If I could go back, I would use a stick glue for this part. However, I am sure your kid won’t care at all 😛
Step 4 – Optional
To add more fun, build a little house with the Popsicle sticks. For this, you do need normal glue.
Have fun and let your little ones play around with the puppets!
This is a perfect time for you to interact with your children and teach them about Jesus!
Here are some questions:
- Who is the baby?
- Why is Jesus so important for us?
- Who is your favorite character?
- Do you know Jesus loves you so much?
The sky is the limit. It’s so refreshing to listen kids’ replies. Sometimes they come up with things we are not expecting at all!
Get your Free Printables
- Download the Christmas Story Stick Puppets Free Printable in Color HERE.
- Download the Christmas Story Stick Puppets Free Printable in Black & White HERE.
What did you guys think?
Did your kids like this activity. What were their answers?
Please let me know by commenting down below.
You May Also Like…
- Free Printable Turkey Headband, Ties And Bracelets Craft
- Matching Monsters Craft With Free Printable
- Cutest Matching Cupcakes Free Printable
- Practice your ABC with Bible Verses – Free Printable