Do you like cupcakes? I sure do, they are so yummy and there are so many varieties out there that I am sure you could have a different flavor every day for whole a year. Can you imagine eating one every day? I think my pants don’t like that idea heheh.
I’ve been thinking of a cool craft for you guys! I love daydreaming about ways you can spend time with your little ones. It’s truly my passion to provide ways for you to be able to experience the joy of crafting with your kids.
This matching cupcake craft is so awesome! Let me tell you that it took me a couple of days putting the whole thing together. I wanted to give you all the options you can possible imagine. Sometimes crafts can be a little frustrating, especially when you have to print, cut, glue, and more. Don’t get me wrong I love doing all of that, but we often put pressure on our kids to finish it all up.
The main purpose of this craft is to match cupcakes – tops with bottoms – and glue them to the cupcake holder. However, and depending on how old, or how long your kid likes to do these sort of activities, you will have a couple of options.
- Printable black and white: After printing, coloring is needed
- Printable Color: No need to color, just cut and glue.
- Within both of these 2 printables you can also find the whole cupcakes and the cupcakes tops and bottoms!
As you can see, you have tons of freedom and according to your child’s age and time you can choose or let him choose how to do it!
Are you ready? Let’s get started! Yayyyy 🙂
The Materials for this project are very simple and most likely you have them on hand:
- Matching Cupcake Printable
- Colors, Paint, or crayons. I personally like this washable kids paint
- Tiny strips of paper to attach cupcakes
Download the printables, here is a little preview of what you’ll find. Tops, bottoms, and whole cupcakes. Be creative, but also practical and choose what it’s more convenient to you and your family! 🙂
- Download Matching Cupcake Craft Free Printable in Color HERE
- Download Matching Cupcake Craft Free Printable in Black and White HERE
Color, and/or cut your cupcakes. You can do a combination of both, whole cupcakes and the split ones, as shown on the photo down below.
Cut a little piece of paper to glue together each cupcake.
Once you have all of your cupcakes ready, cut the cupcake holder.
Finally, and the moment we all have been waiting for! Glue the cupcakes to the cupcake holder!
Take this moment to share time with your little one and ask him/her questions about this craft. They are so creative that you’ll be surprised with all of their answers.
As an example, here are some questions!
- What is your favorite cupcake?
- If you could eat one of these treats, which one would you choose?
- Is this a chocolate or vanilla cupcake?
- Would you give this cupcake to someone? If yes, who is that person?
Just for fun, I wanted to share my own digital version. My ultimate dream is to write and illustrate books for children. I am just learning how to do it! Stay connected and don’t miss out on cool stuff! 🙂
What did you guys think? Did your kids like this craft? Did they have fun?
Please let me know in the comments down below. I really really want to know 🙂